The Grove City College Exercise Science Symposium is a day full of presentations on current research, findings and developments in the field of Exercise Science.
The symposium is scheduled for Thursday, March 30, 2017 on campus in the Hall of Arts and Letters' Sticht Lecture Hall and Breen Student Union's Great Room, and includes a panel
discussion with several leading sports medicine professionals. The theme is "Sports Performance Enhancement."
The symposium is hosted by the Grove City College Exercise Science Club, which aims to promote health and fitness efforts on campus and in the local community by providing events and education opportunities to students and community members. The event is open to the public beginning with the student research presentations.
Grove City students may register by logging into myGCC
and going to the Sign-Up tab.
2:30-3:30 p.m. – Poster Presentations, Great Room, Breen Student Union
3:45-5:15 p.m. – Workshop, Little Theatre, PEW Fine Arts Center
• Mike Hoyt – Strength and Conditioning Coach, Grove City College
• Dr. Lyneil Mitchell – Physical Therapist, Revolution Physical Therapy
– Evening Presentations, Sticht Lecture Hall, Hall of Arts and Letters
• Dr. Hayden Gerhart – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist; Tactile Strength and Conditioning Facilitator; Certified Exercise Physiologist; CrossFit Level 1 Instructor; Assistant Professor of Kinesiology, Health, and Sport Science at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Dr. Jeff Lynn – Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology; Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Exercise Science at Slippery Rock University
• Dr. Timothy Noakes – MBChB, M.D., D.Sc.; Professor of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine at University of Cape Town, South Africa
• Dr. Philip Prins – Ph. D. in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition; Assistant Professor of Exercise Science at Grove City College