We’d like to get to know you better. When you interview with an Admissions Counselor you’ll have the opportunity to tell us something about what makes you, you! We’d like to know what you did in high school, the kinds of activities you enjoy and what your goals are for the future. The interview plays a significant role in the selection of the freshman class and is highly recommended for admission, especially for those applicants who live within one day's drive from our campus. Of this year's enrolled freshman class, 92% interviewed with our office.
Seniors in high school are highly encouraged to conduct their interview on their visit even if it is their first trip to campus. We begin interviewing students no earlier than the spring of their Junior year and continue until our interview deadlines noted below. A student may not "re-interview" and therefore, should wait until the appropriate time in his or her college search.
• Early Decision Applicants must interview no later than November 1 of the candidate’s senior year.
• Early Action Applicants must interview no later than December 1 of the candidate’s senior year.
• Regular Decision Applicants must interview no later than February 1 of the candidate’s senior year.
Please call our office to make an appointment for an interview and/or campus tour: (724) 458-2100.
When school is in session: Monday-Friday we are available from 9-11 a.m.; 1:30-4 p.m. on the half an hour. Tours are available following all interview times.
Summer hours: Monday-Friday we are available from 9-11 a.m.; 1:30-3 p.m. on the half an hour. Tours are scheduled due to availability.
Saturday Interview Days
We also conduct interviews on select weekends throughout the year. We are open from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. with interviews beginning at 9 a.m. and the last appointment beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Tours are available following all interview times.
Fall 2014 (events begin at 9 a.m. unless noted)
Skype Interview Options
• Saturday, September 27 – Interview Date (Crawford Hall)
• Saturday, October 4 – Alumni Interview Day (Crawford) (For alumni children only – 8:30-10:30 a.m.)
• Saturday, November 1 – Interview Day (Crawford Hall)
• Saturday, December 6 – Interview Day (Crawford Hall)
• Saturday, January 24 – Interview Day (Crawford Hall)
We do have the option for students who live over six hours away from campus to conduct a virtual interview.
Please note that we highly recommend visiting our campus if you live within a day’s drive. To schedule your Skype interview, please call the Admissions Office today at (724) 458-2100. You can find out who your counselor is HERE. Please have your Skype username available at the time you make your appointment.
Open House Interview Options
We also have the option for students who live over six hours away from campus to conduct their interview on some of our Open House Days. Senior Crimson Days. These interviews are available starting at 11 a.m. on:
• Saturday, September 13, 2014 – Science/Engineering/Math/Computer/Exercise Science Open House
• Saturday, September 20, 2014 – Senior Crimson Day
• Saturday October 25, 2014 – Senior Crimson Day
To schedule your interview, please call the Admissions Office today at (724) 458-2100.
For a list of our Open House dates please click HERE.