Harbison Chapel

Harbison Chapel

​Harbison Chapel​

Harbison Chapel is the center of the religious life of the campus. It provides an inspiring place of worship and a place for quiet meditation. It was built by the sons of Samuel P. Harbison as a memorial to their father, who for many years served the College as a trustee. The beauty of the interior is enhanced by hand-carved woodwork and jewel-like stained glass windows. The organ, a four manual Kimball, is a memorial to Frances St. Leger Babcock, wife of F.R. Babcock, a former president of the Board of Trustees. The east and west transepts of the chapel were gifts respectively of Miss Ethel Pew, a trustee of the College, and the Presbyterian Church.

More Information
Previous
Next

Pew Legacy

​Joseph Newton Pew was born in 1848, the youngest of ten children born to John and Nancy Glenn Pew on a farm in Mercer, Pa.

Learn More

Benefits of Independence

​Grove City College teaches, advocates and operates under the principles of free market economic theory. By putting that theory into practice, the College maintains competitively low costs and a superior academic program.

Learn More

Endowment

​Grove City College believes in purposeful accounting of its finances. Most of the College’s operating expenses are covered by student tuition.

Learn More

Board of Trustees

​​Leaders from business, law and education, as well as many other sectors, comprise the Board of Trustees at Grove City College.

Learn More

History

​When the College was chartered, a broad, Christian-based cultural consensus prevailed in America. By charter, the doors of the College were open to qualified students "without regard to religious test or belief."

Learn More

Media Backgrounder

Since its founding in 1876, Grove City College, committed to Christian principles, has striven to be equal in academic quality to the finest four year colleges.

 

Learn More
​​