June 10, 2020
Grove City College Admissions Office Summer Guidelines for Engaging Campus Visitors
In compliance with guidelines released by the Pennsylvania Department of Education on June 3, 2020 for resuming in-person services and activities at postsecondary education institutions, the Admissions Office of Grove City College will operate under the following Health and Safety Plan during the summer months of 2020 beginning June 15. This protocol is intended to comply with Considerations for Institutes of Higher Education, updated by the CDC on May 30, 2020. Our goal is for you to have a safe, productive, and enjoyable visit to Grove City College!
The Grove City College Fall Return Planning Committee will release a broader plan to govern the entire campus community. In the meantime, the Admissions Office is opening with limited operations, seeking to employ best practices until the campus-wide plan for resuming full on-campus operations (e.g., classroom instruction, residence hall life, dining) is established and implemented. The criteria in this outline are subject to change as regulatory guidance changes.
1. Social Distancing
• To comply with recommended social distancing guidelines, we have rearranged our physical space and will be accommodating fewer families to avoid overcrowding. Each campus tour and admissions appointment will accommodate one family at a time.
• Campus tours and admissions appointments will be conducted based on social distancing guidelines.
2. Cleaning and Disinfecting
• The products and procedures for cleaning comply with recommendations from the CDC and the EPA.
• Items that are transferred from one visitor to another will be cleaned between uses.
• High-traffic areas within our office will be frequently cleaned.
• Devices utilized by multiple staff members will be cleaned when workers rotate positions.
3. Additional Safety Measures
• Visitors are encouraged to bring their own masks, but we will have a supply available as needed. Face coverings are recommended when social distancing is not possible.
• Staff and student workers are required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
• Additional hand sanitizer dispensers have been set up around the office.
• Signage promoting handwashing and social distancing has been posted throughout the office.
• Staff will be encouraged to wash or sanitize hands hourly, including after each visitor interaction.
3. Campus Arrival Procedures
• A member of our staff will be available to greet visitors curbside and provide them with helpful guidance.
4. Communication to Address COVID-19 Changes
• Visitors will receive a confirmation email and a phone call to inform them of our current protocol.
• Web pages and regular email communication will be updated to reflect our current protocol.
Messaging to the campus community
- Campus Update: May 11, 2020
- Campus Update: April 21, 2020
- Campus Update: April 17, 2020
- Campus Update: April 3, 2020
- Campus Update: March 30, 2020
- Campus Update: March 22, 2020
- Campus Update: March 16, 2020
- Campus Update: March 16, 2020
- Campus Update: March 13, 2020
- Campus Update: March 12, 2020
- Campus Update: March 11, 2020
- Campus Update: March 6, 2020
- Campus Update: February 28, 2020
Campus visits suspended
To proactively prioritize the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors during this time, we are suspending all campus visits until further notice. If you would like to take advantage of our virtual visit options, please schedule here or contact our admissions team at email@example.com or 724-458-2100. Thank you. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are looking forward to seeing you when this crisis is behind all of us.
Zerbe Health Center
Grove City College is taking proactive steps to maintain the safety and well-being of the campus community in response to coronavirus concerns.
A COVID-19 task force consisting of leadership team members and health professionals has developed an ongoing action plan to manage coronavirus contingencies in concert with guidance and mandates from the Centers for Disease Control and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
The plan sets forth protocols to monitor and mitigate the impact of the virus on campus if any, and support students, faculty and staff in our collective efforts to combat this virus. The Zerbe Health and Wellness Center is monitoring all available information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and other agencies.
The College has established an aggressive and increased cleaning schedule to make sure high-traffic areas of campus are being disinfected. Additional sanitizer stations have been set up at key locations on campus and the College is urging all members of the campus community to heed CDC guidelines on hygiene.
Students who display respiratory or flu-like symptoms are encouraged to remain in their room and contact Zerbe Health and Wellness Center. Likewise, employees are advised to stay home and contact their health care provider immediately.
Updates will be posted here as they become available.
Keeping Yourself Healthy
Prepare now by helping to prevent spread of COVID-19. Individuals can lower the risk of transmission by consistently practicing simple, everyday non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs):
- Stay home when you are sick or avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Ensure regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Be prepared and informed
- Familiarize yourself with the list of approved disinfectants for COVID-19.