Grove City College’s Touring Choir annual 2019 album is out and available on major music streaming services.
“Grove City College Touring Choir 2019-20,” now available via Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and Amazon, has been a long-term project of Dr. Katherine Mueller, director of choral activities and Dr. Jeffrey Tedford ’00, chair of the Department of Music.
“I am very excited to be able to offer our annual Touring Choir recording via streaming for the very first time,” Mueller said. “We believe this is a great way that we can share the performances of our talented Grove City College singers with more listeners than ever, including alumni, prospective students and the general public. I am so proud of these students and their ability to make music of the highest quality.”
Music on the album ranges from spirituals to Bernstein’s Mass and art songs. The choir recorded it in the spring of 2019 on tour. Audio engineer Darren Morton, director of Broadcasting and Audio Support Systems and director and engineer for WSAJ Radio, mixed the album.
Tedford then worked with the distributor to secure mechanical rights and related licenses, meta data and the digital album process. “I am thrilled that we can share the amazing work of the 2019 spring Touring Choir with our alumni and friends and look forward to future albums,” Tedford said.
The album features the following selections:
- “Cantate Domino” by Heinrich Schütz
- “O Magnum Mysterium” by Francis Poulenc
- “I Wonder as I Wander” by John Rutter
- “Regina Coeli, K. 276” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- “Alleluia” by Ralph Manuel
- “The Lamb” by John Tavener
- “Great Day” by Warren Martin
- “Ubi Caritas” by Ola Gjeilo
- “Bernstein Mass: Sanctus” by Leonard Bernstein
- “Locus Iste” by Paul Mealor
- “Plenty Good Room” by Moses Hogan
- “There is a Balm in Gilead” by William Dawson
- “My Soul’s Been Anchored in the Lord” by Moses Hogan
- “God Be in My Head” by John Rutter