What is your educational background?
- M.B.A, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- B.A., Accounting, Grove City College
What specific courses or specialties do you teach, and/or what has drawn you to those specialties?
My focus is on marketing, and I teach the following courses:
- Strategic Marketing
- New Product Development and Management
- Marketing Research
- Principles of Marketing
After spending most of my career in industry, I returned to Grove City College to teach and share my business experiences with Grove City College students. I created the New Product Development and Management course based on my many years of experience in New Product Development across different industries and different companies, and different roles.
Leveraging my extensive experience, I help my students apply “real-world application” to business concepts.
What is the most important piece of advice you give your students to help them succeed? How do you weave this advice into your classroom?
I encourage students to be open to different career paths and to follow the Lord’s guidance throughout their careers and life. In addition to sharing my personal experiences, I frequently invite successful individuals in business to share their stories and career paths.
Is there any additional personal experience you would like for us to share?
Highlights of my professional career include:
- Over 20 years of business experience, with a focus in marketing.
- Following graduation from Grove City College, I worked as an auditor and consultant for Price Waterhouse
- Following graduation from Duke Fuqua School of Business, my marketing career began in Brand Management – first at Procter and Gamble and then at SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare
- I returned to PriceWaterhouseCoopers as a Partner focused on New Product Development with the Assurance and Business Advisory business.
- Most recently, I worked in strategic marketing at Philips Respironics.
- My Professional Certifications include:
- CPA (Inactive)
- New Product Development Professional
I offer a unique perspective, having experienced Grove City College from multiple roles and points of view:
- As a student, I led campus organizations and was selected as the Senior Woman of the Year.
- As an alumna, I served as the President of the Alumni Association.
- As a member of the Board of Trustees, I was involved in the leadership of the school.
- As a faculty member, I am blessed to interact with so many wonderful students, faculty, and administrators who are a part of the Grove City College “family”.
I enjoy spending time with family (young daughter and husband), playing the piano, and golfing.