- D.N.P. University of Pittsburgh
- M.S.N. University of Pittsburgh
- B.S.N. Kent State University
I have 20 years of experience working in hospital-based nursing education programs as faculty, chairperson, and nursing director. Early in my career, I worked as a unit manager, advanced practice nurse, and clinical instructor.
What advice do you give students to help them succeed?
Nursing is a way of thinking that goes beyond the “hands-on care nurses provide.” By seeing each patient as an unique individual, nurses should recognize that it is both a blessing and a privilege to provide care for others. Questioning the “why behind the what” is the key to providing safe and effective nursing care.
- “Using music to maintain the correct rhythm during CPR,” Nursing Times, 2014.
- Hope Floats an Orthopedic Tip Sheet for Float Pool Nurses,” Orthopedic Nursing, 2011.
- “Assessing the safe resumption of antihypertensive medications following total hip or knee arthroplasty surgery,” Orthopedic Nursing, 2009.
- Registered nurse medical-surgical review module. Overland Park, KS: Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC (ATI). (Author- Orthopedic content), 2003.
- "Orthopedic/ rehabilitation specialty team: A model for improved care.” Home Health Care Management & Practice, 2000.
- “Acetaminophen toxicity,” Orthopedic Nursing, 1997.