- MPS, Technology Entrepreneurship, University of Maryland - A. James Clark School of Engineering
- B.A. International Business and French, Grove City College
- UC Berkeley: Lean LaunchPad for Educators Certificate (Taught by Steve Blank)
- International Business Innovation Association (InBIA): Business Incubation Management Certificate
- Certified GrowthWheel Consultant
- Entrepreneurial Intent vs Entrepreneurial Action
- Mental Health and Entrepreneurship
- Redemptive Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Pedagogy
I am a self-professed startup geek. Using my expertise from founding several companies of my own, I have coached multiple startups through raising millions, dealing with founders’ dilemmas, and maneuvering through acquisitions. I also have a deep love for technology and design and am excited about leveraging those industries to make a positive impact on the world.
I love working with students who are passionate about making the world a better place, and as the executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurship + Innovation, I founded the GCC VentureLab through which I have coached 51 student teams in the first 6 years.
- ENTR 102: Technology for the Entrepreneur
- ENTR 301: Lean LaunchPad (LLP)
- ENTR 309: E-Commerce
- ENTR 317: Startup Founders' Dilemmas
- ENTR 402: Tech Commercialization Studio (TCS)
- ENTR 409: Internet Entrepreneurship
- ENTR 468: Innovation for Impact (I4I)
- ENTR 470: VentureLab (Independent Research)
What advice do you give students to help them succeed?
Don’t be afraid of failure – fail fast and move on!
From listening to case studies of entrepreneurs and innovators who join us in class to consulting with local businesses and interviewing real potential customers for their own venture ideas, students in my classroom come face to face with the real world. They get to see that people and ideas fail…all of the time. They begin to understand that failure is not something to fear and that valuable lessons can actually be gleaned from experiencing failure. They also learn how to pivot and reboot - lessons that are not only keys to succeeding in entrepreneurship but also keys to succeeding in life.
My first published academic work will be featured in the Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy in early 2019. I have co-authored an ASME conference proceedings publication with my colleagues in the Department of Engineering (IMECE 2018) - "IEI Ultra-Low-Cost Flexible Sensor Array for Tunnel Ovens." I have also been published in mainstream media such as Views and Voices magazine and serve as a featured contributor with SheOwnsIt.com, a leading digital publication celebrating, supporting, and connecting women entrepreneurs.
- ABC (33 WYTV)
- CBS (WKBN 27)
- Arizona Woman Magazine
- Phoenix Business Journal
- Butler Business Matters
- Youngstown Business Journal
- Butler Eagle
- Brighton-Pittsford Post
- Sharon Herald
- Kiva B4B
- Butler Business Matters
- New Castle News
- Cranberry Eagle
- Oh-Penn Magazine
- Allied News
- City of Hermitage Community Update
- The Ride Home with John & Kathy (WORD FM)
- Pittsburgh TEQ Magazine.
Read Professor English's full bio, and visit yvonneenglish.com to follow her blog and learn more about her consulting experience. You can also find Professor English on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.