What is your educational background?
- Ph.D. in Psychology with concentration in developmental psychology and minor concentration in education and post doctoral concentration in clinical psychology, Duquesne University
- B.S. and M.A. in Professional Psychology, Geneva College
What are the main focuses of your research?
Optimizing comprehensive wellness: spiritually, psychologically, and physically; mental health of college students.
What specific courses or specialties do you teach?
- Peer Support I & II: These are one credit courses that enable students to grow personally to become more effective at encouraging and helping others.
- Mental Health Advocacy: This one credit course examines the meaning of mental health and takes a critical look at advocacy in this field.
- Forensic Psychology: This course examines the intersection of law and psychology. The study of psychopathy and the origins of the criminal personality are examined.
What is the most important piece of advice you give your students to help them succeed?
Know that the Lord wants you well and know who you are in Him! Compare yourself to yourself, not others. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal and heal areas in your life that are holding you back. Receive His grace to become strong where you are weak. Know that in all things you are an overcomer in Christ!