The Grove City College Touring Choir will perform eight shows in five states next month on its spring tour.
The 57th annual concert tour will take the 45-member Touring Choir to churches in Ohio, Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland from March 20 to March 27. Choir members will be hosted overnight by church families.
The choir will perform at 9:30 a.m. March 17 in Harbison Chapel on campus before heading out on the tour. This is the complete schedule:
• Sunday, March 20 – Kenwood Baptist Church, Cincinnati, Ohio, 9:30 and 11 a.m. services; Faith Lutheran Church, Bloomington, Ind., 7:30 p.m.
• Monday, March 21 – Warren Wilson Presbyterian Church, Swannanoa, N.C. 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 22 – North Ridge Church of the Christian & Missionary Alliance, Raleigh, N.C. 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 23 – Restoration Anglican Church, Arlington, Va., 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, March 24 – Greenwich Presbyterian Church, Nokesville, Va., 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, March 26 – Crossroads Church of the Nazarene, Ellicott City, Md., 6 p.m.
• Sunday, March 27 – Crossroad Church of the Nazarene, Ellicott City, Md., 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. services.
The Grove City College Touring Choir seeks to praise and glorify God and to minister to others through music and strives to achieve choral excellence. In addition to the annual spring tour, the choir performs for churches and schools in the Western Pennsylvania region and at various campus events. Members come from many different academic disciplines. The choir is directed by Dr. Katherine Mueller, assistant professor of music.
For more on the Department of Music at Grove City College, visit www.gcc.edu/music. For more on the Touring Choir: www.gcc.edu/touringchoir.