Grove City College Graduate and Online Programs’ second annual Leadership Summit will bring together graduate students, accomplished professionals, and business leaders to share their insights and expertise on leadership, persuasion in marketing, and the implementation of artificial intelligence in business.
The two-day event, set for Homecoming weekend – Sept. 29 and 30 – in the Staley Hall of Arts and Letters on the campus, is open to the public. To learn more or complete the required registration, visit Graduate and Online Programs here.
The Leadership Summit is a key element of the College’s graduate online degree programs that provides a crucial in-person aspect to the coursework required to earn an MBA, Master’s of Science in Business Analytics or Master’s in Accounting degree from Grove City College.
Opportunities to learn and network abound at the summit, which features a diverse lineup of guest speakers and experts with a range of experience from the front lines of emerging technology to the C-suite of a Fortune 500 company.
“The Grove City College Graduate and Online Programs Leadership Summit promises to be an enlightening and enriching event for attendees seeking to enhance their leadership skills and gain valuable insights from industry luminaries. This unique opportunity will enable professionals to network, learn, and engage in discussions that shape the future of business and leadership,” Dr. Christy L. Crute, executive director of Graduate and Online Programs, said.
Guests and keynote speakers participating in discussions, roundtables, and fellowship at the summit include:
- Edward D. Breen ’78, CEO of DuPont and Comcast board member. One of the nation’s most respected business leaders, Breen studied economics and business at Grove City College and now chairs its Board of Trustees. He previously served as chairman and CEO of Tyco International and transformed the company into a market leader, rescuing it from near bankruptcy and rebuilding its brand and credibility. Breen also served as president and CEO of Motorola and as chairman, president, and CEO of General Instrument Corporation.
- Suzanne Persechino, Senior Vice President, Ad Sales Strategic Insights & Analytics for A+E Networks. Persechino leads a 20+ team of professionals and partners closely with Ad Sales and Revenue Management sectors to drive sales efforts with analytical rigor and creative storytelling. She utilizes a holistic approach to solving media industry challenges with fresh insights and actionable strategy. Prior to joining A+E, Persechino built a breadth of research experiences at leading agencies and media companies.
- Michael Lazarus ’77, Managing Partner of LAZCAP, a family office investing in early-stage consumer facing growth companies. Lazarus has been a board member of an astounding 58 companies and was a lead partner on business deals for 36. He was a founding partner of Main Post Partners, the successor firm to Weston Presidio, and founding chairman of JetBlue Airways. Other ventures Lazarus has guided include Fender Musical Instruments, Jimmy John’s, Restoration Hardware, and other privately held growth companies. He graduated with a B.A. in Accounting from Grove City College
- Dr. Carl R. Trueman, professor of Biblical and Religious Studies at Grove City College. A teacher, author, and thought leader, Trueman is widely respected as a scholar and social commentator, contributing frequently to conservative cultural and religious outlets such as First Things and Public Discourse. His 2019 book “The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self” was a Christianity Today book of the Year. He joined the Grove City College faculty in 2018.
- Tyler May ’08, ’23, Senior Manager, Sales Engineering at Snowflake. A newly minted 2023 graduate of Grove City College’s MSBA program, May will discuss the implementation of artificial intelligence in business and its current applications. He will provide insights into the practical applications of AI and how it is changing the present state of business as well as shaping the future at his employer, Snowflake. Prior to Snowflake, Tyler was a Senior Manager of Life Sciences Solution Engineering with Salesforce/Tableau.
For more information about Graduate and Online Studies at Grove City College, visit gcc.edu/advanced.