- M.B.A, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- B.A., Accounting, Grove City College
- New Product Development Professional
- CPA (inactive)
I began my career as an auditor and consultant for Price Waterhouse. After earning my M.B.A., I worked in brand management (marketing) at Procter & Gamble and SmithKline Beecham. I then returned to PricewaterhouseCoopers, where I was a partner leading an innovation and new product development initiative. Most recently, I worked for Philips Respironics in strategic marketing.
After spending most of my career in the business world, I returned to Grove City College in 2012 to teach and share my business experiences with our students. In addition to leveraging my diverse business and marketing experience, I teach my students best practices in the business world. It is my goal to help my students apply “real-world application” to business concepts.
My primary areas of expertise are innovation, new product development, and strategy which I used to introduced a New Product Development and Management course.The course is based on my varied roles across industries ranging from consumer products to financial services to medical devices.
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Strategic Marketing
- New Product Development and Management
What is the most important piece of advice you give students to help them succeed?
Be open to taking different paths throughout your career. The Lord has a plan for you and that may lead you in a totally different direction than you were expecting. Embrace change that can help you develop and grow.
Is there any personal experiences you would like to share?
I offer a unique perspective, having experienced Grove City College from multiple points of view:
- As a student, I led campus organizations and was selected as the Senior Woman of the Year.
- As an alumna, I served as the president of the Alumni Association.
- As a member of the Board of Trustees, I was involved in the leadership of the school.
- As a faculty member, I am blessed to interact with so many wonderful students, faculty, and administrators who are a part of the Grove City College family.
My favorite thing to do is spend time with my family (including our dogs). We especially enjoy traveling our amazing country, and I have visited all 50 of the United States.