- Ph.D. Educational Studies and Spiritual Formation, Biola University - Talbot School of Theology (Dissertation: Transformational Learning Theory and Christian College Students in the South East: A Study of Faculty Mentoring and Relational Spiritual Formation)
- M.Div. Christian Education, Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary
- B.A. Sociology, Wheaton College
Areas of Research
- Spiritual formation in college students
- Anglican spirituality
- Youth and family ministry
- Spiritual Formation
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- The Gospel of Luke
- Small Group Ministry
- Humanities Core – Biblical Revelation
- International Study Travel Course – Israel
The common denominator in each of these course is the spiritual formation of college students in preparation for life and ministry. I want to encourage students, through study of the Scripture, to know and walk with God in any endeavor they undertake in life.
What is the most important piece of advice you give students to help them succeed?
The most important piece of advice I give students is to encourage them to point all their life towards God. I believe that as we understand who God is and who we are in light of Him and as we learn to live in relationship with God, we will live rightly and that will define true success. Knowing God and walking with Him faithfully will bring about a life that is filled with shalom (peace, living well, satisfaction, thriving).
- Anglican Youth Ministry, Anglican House Publishers, forthcoming in 2020
- “Anglican Church in America” in Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, 2016
- “Billy Graham Evangelistic Association” in Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, 2016
- “Tozer, Aiden Wilson” in Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, 2016
- “Leadership Development in the First Century, Jesus” in Encyclopedia of Christian Education. New York: Scarecrow Press, 2015
- “A Scriptural Model of Relational Christian Formation” in Christian Education Journal, Supplemental Issue, 2012
- Book Review: The Adolescent Journey: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Practical Youth Ministry by Amy E. Jacober. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2011. Reviewed in Christian Education Journal, 3(1), Spring 2013, Series 3, 179-183.
- International Justice Mission Chapter Lecture: “The Practice and Purpose of Fasting.” Grove City, PA, 2019
- CRU (Campus Crusade) Regional Lecture: “The Importance of the Spiritual Disciplines.” Seneca Hills, PA, 2019
- DRIVE Student Ministry Lecture: “What’s so Great about the Commission?” Grove City, PA, 2019
- Vespers Chapel Service: “Engaging the Spiritual Disciplines.” Grove City, PA, 2019
- NEXT Generation Conference for The Christian & Missionary Alliance: “Spiritual Formation for Children.” Lancaster, PA, 2018
- Children’s Disciple-making Leadership Curriculum Presentation for The Christian & Missionary Alliance: “The Importance of Leading Spiritually” San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2017
- Anglican Diocese of the South, Annual Synod, Workshop Presentation: “Developing a Volunteer Team” Lawrenceville, GA, 2016
- The Council of Independent Colleges, Workshop for Department and Division Chairs, Roundtable Discussion Leader: “Dealing with Problem Students” Louisville, KY, 2016
- Soul in the City. Keynote Address: “Jesus the Good Shepherd,” Jacksonville, FL, 2014
- Wheaton College, Evangelism Initiative. Presentation: “Evangelism across the Curriculum.” John Brown University, Fayetteville, AK, and Evangel University, Branson, MO, 2014
- Association of Youth Ministry Educators annual conference: “Emerging Adulthood and Youth Ministry Education” Chicago, IL, 2013, Paper Presentation: “Youth and Youth Leader Reports on the Consistency of Lifestyles of Christian Youth: A 2013 Research Project Paralleling the National Study of Youth and Religion.”
- Anglican 1000 Summit (Anglican Church Plant Conference). Seminar Presentation: “Youth Culture and the Soul of the Adolescent.” Dallas, TX, 2012
- Young Anglican Conference. Keynote Address: “A Biblical Foundation for Relational Youth Ministry.” Dallas, TX, 2012
A little about me…
I love spending time outdoors hiking, swimming, and exploring with my family and bird dog TozerBlue. It’s a personal goal of mine to ride my bicycle 100 miles per week during the summer months and 50 miles a week during each semester. I have also recently picked up the banjo, and I’m taking lessons so I can play with my daughter who plays the violin (aka fiddle). I like bluegrass music.
Ultimately, God has called me into college teaching and ministry to prepare students to live lives of faithfulness in whatever area of service they are called into. My hopes and goals in each class and with each student are to encourage students to walk with God so that they would grow in that relationship and learn how to follow His leading. In my ministry courses I am working to develop godly leaders who will impact the world for Christ and His kingdom.