At the 2014 Regional Phi Alpha Theta conference held at Slippery Rock University on March 29, the following students presented papers:
• Cara Christenberry: “An Ideology of Kingship: Religious, Historical, and Heroic Claims to Legitimacy in Sasanid Persia, A.D. 224-651”
• Benjamin Leavitt: "Composing a Massacre: An Analysis of the Events in Boston on the Evening of March 5, 1770"
• Andrew Smith: “Grievances and Revolution: Ideology and the 1381 Peasants”
• Holly Spofford: “The Mystery of the Boston Massacre – Or, what happened on the night of 5 March 1770?”
• Jimmy Williams: "The Last Peaceful Abolitionist: Nonresistance and the Fight for Freedom in the Thought of Adin Ballou"
Christenberry, Leavitt, Smith and Williams each won best paper in their session. No overall paper prizes were awarded this year.