Would you like to take a class that interests you but doesn't fit into your regular course load? Finish your general education requirements sooner? Lighten your regular semester course load? Get a semester's worth of instruction and earn three credits in just two weeks? Save money?
If you answered “Yes” to any of those questions, you might want to consider signing up for a January Intersession course. Grove City College is offering 24 courses between Jan. 9 to 21, just before the spring semester starts. The intensive courses cover a range of subjects and academic disciplines and offer a number of advantages, including a singular focus on one class, small class sizes and the undivided attention of professors. Intersession courses are only open to Grove City College students.
Classes are held from 9 am to 2 pm, Monday through Saturday with a break for lunch. Housing is available, but if campus is close to home, you can sample the commuter lifestyle and save a couple of hundred dollars. And if all you're doing over winter break is hanging out at your parents' house, why not use that time wisely, complete a class and start the spring semester early?
Registration for intersession courses is open now for seniors. Juniors can begin signing up Nov. 3; sophomores on Nov. 10; and freshman on Nov. 17. Don’t miss your chance to be part of Intersession at Grove City College.
Classes offered during intersession include:
- Principles of Accounting (ACCT 201 A)
- Essential Literature for Biologists (BIOL 390 B)
- Study: Biology of Diving (BIOL 390 A)
- Business Statistics (BUSA 201 A)
- Business, Ethics and Society (BUSA 214 A)
- Study: Readings in African American Literature (ENGL 290 A)
- Mathematical Methods - Engineering (ENGR 274 A)
- Civilization/Biblical Revelation (HUMA 102 A)
- Western Civilization: Foundations (HUMA 200 A)
- Civilization /Literature (HUMA 202 A,B)
- Civilization /the Arts (HUMA 301 A)
- Modern Civilization/International Perspective (HUMA 302 A, B, C)
- Finite Math (MATH117 A)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (MECE 303 A)
- General Logic (PHIL 211 A)
- New Testament Literature/History (RELI 212 A)
- Christendom and Reform (RELI 341 A)
- Life Science (SCIC 202 A)
- Atoms, Molecules and Material World (SCIC 203 A, B)
- Science, Faith and Technology (SSFT 212 A)
The College also offers a slate of online courses between Dec. 21 and Jan. 21 that share many of the advantages of Intersession offerings.
Online courses include:
• Study Design Software (ART 390 A)
• Business Law (BUSA 303 A)
• Writing for the Media (COMM 135 A)
• Culturally Relevant Pedagogy (EDUC 203 A)
• Study: Medical Terminology (EXER 390 A)
• Pre-Calculus (MATH 111 A)
• Foundations of Psychological Science (PSYC 101 A)
• Social Psychology (PSYC 208 A)
• Technical Communication (WRIT 305 A)
For information on how to register for both the January Intersession and Winter Online and terms: www.gcc.edu/registrar.
To find intersession courses and register, visit my.gcc.edu, click the Academics tab and use the Course Search Portlet to find and register for classes.