What is your educational background?
- Ph.D. in Finance, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2015
- Master of Management in Accounting, Dalian University of Technology, China, 2009
- B.S. in Mathematics, Dalian University of Technology, China, 2006
What are the main focuses of your research?
- Hedge funds
- Risk management
- International finance
- Applying financial models using Excel
What specific courses or specialties do you teach?
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Modeling
- Multinational Financial Management
- Fixed Income
What is the most important piece of advice you give your students to help them succeed? How do you weave this advice into your classroom?
Believe in Jesus and trust in Him by doing what the Bible teaches you. I do it by teaching students to do the right things -- even in finance!
Is there any additional personal experience you would like to share?
While in Amherst, Masschusetts, I participated actively in Amherst Chinese Christian Church as a deacon and fellowship leader.